Monday, July 20, 2009

Post vacation

So being in the car for 20 hours + moderate stroll all week + eating like crap and not really metabolizing anything = a disappointed Shelley.

BUT

I downloaded some new songs for a new running playlist. I also decided to start running at a slower pace to see how much longer I could go. Let's just say .3 mph makes a huge difference. I've gone from running a solid 5 minutes to running 1.5 miles in 20 minutes. Not perfect, but better than I've done in a while. I don't know if I'll be able to do a 5k before school starts, but I'll definitely find something at BYU. I'm also planning on taking advantage of the indoor track in the SFL so I can run in the colder months.

Also, I feel ridiculously good after running 20 minutes.

New playlist:
  • Katy Perry - Hot n Cold
  • Britney Spears - Circus
  • Rihanna - Disturbia
  • Fall Out Boy - Hum Hallelujah
  • All-American Rejects - Move Along
  • Switchfoot - Dare You to Move
  • Metro Station - Shake It
  • Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
  • will.i.am - Brand New Day
  • U2 - Beautiful Day
  • Sublime - Santeria
A total of 40 minutes, which is a good time for a solid warm up and run.

1 comment:

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Oooh...I need to add some of those to my play list.