Working at Purple Cow = less than phenomenal, but it's money, so I can't complain too much.
Preparing for a mission = fun/exciting/making me realize how much I need to do. I want to memorize all of the scripture mastery from seminary and learn a bunch of hymns on the piano perfectly and study Preach My Gospel and the missionary library and finish my Book of Mormon blog and make sure I have the clothes to make me a classy missionary. So far, so good. I got letters from two sister missionaries in Brad's mission, and both of them told me how you dress is really important. So I've made sure that as I've been buying clothes, I've kept conservative and cute in mind. Clothing haul is as follows:
- White blazer
- Neutral rain coat, good for Washington weather
- Plain brown dress
- 4 short sleeve button ups: 2 white, one pink, one blue
- 5 cardigans, 3 of which are Lands End and were originally $40 each but we got on sale for $10 each.
- 2 pairs of shoes, one black and one brown
- Fabric for skirts and another blazer
My mom mentioned earlier this evening that she never would have thought I would have been so excited to wear a mid-calf-length skirt, a cardigan, and my hair in a bun. But hey, it's not the messenger I'm excited about, it's the message.