Thursday, November 3, 2011

How to Not Feel Terrible

So this morning at 6:30, I drove to Nathan's. We had plans to hike up to the hot springs (a 6 mile hike roundtrip) to enjoy the hot water and each other's company. By the time we parked the car at the trailhead, I wasn't feeling well at all. I had to stop and take a break a few times during the hike up, which I've never had to do before, just to catch my breath. I was freezing and generally felt terrible. When we got up to the springs, we couldn't find a pool that was a good balance between not warm at all and molten lava hot, so we ended up soaking for like half an hour. As I stood up to leave, I immediately felt like I needed to throw up. Nathan gave me a blessing, and we walked back to the car with me stopping along the way.

Afterwards, I fell asleep on Nathan's couch for 5 hours.

Rather than actually being sick, I think my irregular sleeping patterns, lack of sleep in general, horrible eating habits, and overall stress levels have caught up with me. So today was kind of a wake up call that I need to start taking better care of myself in order to feel better, so I present:

Shelley's 7 steps to not feel terrible (and actually pretty good)
-Go to bed and wake up at the same time every week day. In bed at 11 and up at 7, which makes for 8 hours.
-Eat breakfast everyday. A granola bar on the walk to campus does not count. Waking up at 7 (my first class is at 9) should allow plenty of time to eat breakfast.
-A veggie and a protein with every meal, and making sure this happens in variety.
-Instead of focusing on not eating junk, focus on eating healthy snacks.
-Read the Scriptures and pray every day.
-Yoga every day.
-Prioritize what needs to be done every day and stick to those priorities to keep from feeling overwhelmed.

1 comment:

Moeslih Rosyid said...

Good, thanks for the knowledge